Inkjet Machine Operator –1st or 2nd Shift
Cedar Graphics is seeking individuals who are interested in learning to operate various inkjet and inserting machines involved with our mailing process.
- • Capable of setting up and troubleshooting inkjet machine,
- • Oversee inkjet quality, assuring barcodes meet postal specifications, and image is clean and clear.
- • Learning postal sortation, traying, sacking and palletizing of mail for post office delivery.
- • Weekly maintenance and cleaning of inkjet, belts and filters.
- • Capable of demonstrating an understanding of class and category of mail.
- • Capable of reading and understanding job ticket instructions.
- • Insure inkjet area is clean and hazard free.
- • Help out in bindery when time permits.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, be mechanically inclined, and have good math skills and troubleshooting skills. Must be a self-starter, be able to read and comprehend job tickets and have a good work history. Previous experience in a printing environment a plus.
Willing to be flexible on work hours.
- • Coordinates and schedules work to meet tight deadlines in the most efficient and cost effective way possible
- • Work with other production leaders to resolve daily production issues such as material, delivery, quality and employee performance.
- • Identify gaps in production that prevent production targets from being achieved.
- • Perform tasks necessary to ensure assigned team has the parts, tools, and resources necessary to accomplish their assigned work, allowing them to stay on task.
- • Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- • Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- • Proactively address substandard performance, conducts performance reviews, coach’s team for development.
- • Provides information to estimating, job planning, csr and sales on better ways to produce product.
- • Routinely develops ideas and solutions using continuous improvement tools and techniques to improve areas.
- • Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- • Communicates with team leaders to ensure changes are implemented and sustained.
- • Lead safety awareness and implement new techniques to assure a safe working environment.
- • Assure adherence to cross training of employees. Ensures adherence to product quality standards.
- • Coordinate personnel needs between areas to ensure optimization of customer needs.
- • Promptly completes first report of injury and thoroughly investigates any work place accidents or illnesses.
- • Preferred candidates will have a High School diploma or equivalent and prior experience in a leadership role. Other combinations of formal training and experience will be considered.
- • Minimum 3-5 years in a complex, custom product manufacturing environment; print experience helpful
- • Able to facilitate, 5S, kaizen and process improvement events
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- • Working knowledge of business processes, financial decisions, and basic process improvement techniques
- • Ability to perform basic shop math functions
- • Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems, make decisions, and direct action
- • Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions
- • Able to collaborate, coach, develop and motivate associates at all levels, effectively communicate 1:1 and in groups
- • Display energy for the business and effectively lead change
- • Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- • Able to support and foster a continuous improvement culture
- • Demonstrates a priority for safety
- • Ability to bend, squat, twist, push/pull, reach and lift up to 50 lbs.
Sales Account Representative
Seeking an energetic, outgoing, proactive individual to join our sales team as an account representative to work with customers around the Midwest and the country.
In this position the successful candidate will work with customers and businesses on their printing and marketing needs. He or she will provide recommendations, quotes and proposals on wide range of products and services based on customer requirements. Customer leads and relationship building at multiple levels of organization will be the primary focus.
Candidate must have a 2 year degree or equivalent work experience. Some outside sales experience with demonstrated success is preferred. Knowledge of printing / graphics communications is highly desirable. Excellent customer relations, verbal and written communication, presentation, organization, and follow-up skills required. Must be able to solve practical problems, think conceptually and deal with ambiguity.
Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, access to vehicle, a good driving record and be able to travel to customer locations. No overnight travel is required.